Sunday, March 7, 2010

One for the Ages

The following facebook dialogue needs to be preserved for the ages! If you had told me 10 years ago that MY Hannah would be giving parenting advise and thanking me for requiring first time obedience, I probably would have fainted. I'm NOT kidding.

Sarah Burgess Rath 1st time obedience. This will be a difficult week for this Moms heart but I know it is the right way because it's God's way.

about an hour ago via Facebook for iPhone · ·
Hannah Eades
Hannah Eades
Even though it it hard keep doing it!! Your children will thank you some day( from personal thanking point of view)!
about an hour ago
Natalie Rath Eades
Natalie Rath Eades
You can pay now, or you can pay later...either way it's gonna cost you something. The price now is much lower than it will be later. If you need encouragement, I'll be your biggest cheerleader. I'm here for you!
about an hour ago ·
Sarah Burgess Rath
Sarah Burgess Rath
Thanks both of you. We are taking a great class at church and had just returned and of course an opportunity presented itself pretty much immediately. I feel like an idiot in not really knowing discipline as it was meant to be done but feel much better now that I do.
48 minutes ago
Hannah Eades
Hannah Eades
Obedience- right away, all the way, with a happy spirit...Delayed obedience is not obedience!!
43 minutes ago
Ruth Ann Mack Schroeder
Ruth Ann Mack Schroeder
Hannah you are too wise for your years, is this a voice of experience. Love you, girl.

After Hannah pressed "comment" to submit her "delayed obedience is not obedience" bit of wisdom, she looked at me and mused, "This is probably going to come back to bite me."

2 comments:

  1. You know, I can HEAR Hannah's last comment. :) So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for all the encouragement Natalie. I think I realized in all the comments too that discipline is really not viewed in the same way up north as it is here...hmmmmmmmmmmm
    And Hannah - priceless!

    ReplyDelete